Exam Board and helpful website address: OCR www.ocr.org.uk
GCSE Drama is all about understanding what it is like to put yourself in somebody else’s shoes. You will play many parts and roles creating your own work as well as looking at performances written by others.
- Drama requires a lot of group work and builds on the skills from KS3 to produce and perform in front of audiences.
- Skills developed include working with others, problem solving and communication.
Content - many areas within drama will be studied including:
- Performance skills - voice, movement and character
- Visits to the theatre and professional workshops
- Working with scripts
- 60% coursework (practical and portfolio) under controlled assessment
- 40% realisation test (a practical exam and portfolio)