Home Economics - Food and Nutrition
Team Leader / Main Teacher Mrs Helen Buckland firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam board - Welsh Exam Board
Students will study:
- Nutrition, Diet and Health Throughout Life, Dietary Guidelines, Nutritional Needs of Individuals and Food Commodities.
- Factors affecting consumer choice, food referencing, food development, packaging and food labelling.
- Nutritional, physical and sensory properties of food.
- Food hygiene and safety.
- 2 pieces of coursework completed under controlled assessment conditions.
- 1. 20% of GCSE total
- 2. 40% of GCSE total
- One exam worth final 40% of GCSE total.