BTEC Creative Media Production
Team Leader / Main Teacher: Mrs Annie Robinson
Edexcel’s BTEC Level 2 First Certificate and Diploma in Creative Media Production are designed to introduce students to working in the sector or prepare them for further study, such as a BTEC National qualification or an appropriate NVQ.
- Just a few examples of areas in which media students can go on to work are ani-mation, computer games, corporate production, film, interactive media, photo im-aging, publishing, radio and television.
All BTECs are unit based and offer a choice for the learner to select from to match their interests. Among those offered for this course are:
- Introduction to media industries
- Research for media production
- Video production
- Print production
- Advertising production
- Interactive Media Production
- Photography Techniques
- Digital Graphics
- Media Production Project
- Students are assessed on each unit of work taught and work towards producing a portfolio of evidence.
- Assessment takes place internally and is verified against national criteria.